St. Bernard Is A Rain Vortex
Mike likes the description of New Orleans in the summer as a "nuclear winter," because it rains every day with little warning, is hazy and gray much of the time, and manages to be 95 degrees though there is an odd lack of consistent sunshine. Not that it isn't sunny-- you just can't count on it being sunny for more than 45 minutes together. Therefore it is no surprise that, every time I drive to Plaquemines Parish, I expect to drive through at least one torrential downpour.
However.
There is something about St. Bernard Parish and me. It rains every single time I drive through there. It is clear in Orleans, pouring in St. Bernard, and blue sky in Plaquemines. Without fail, this happens to me every time I drive through, which is roughly once a week this summer. In fact, today it rained on the way there and on the way back. So, if someone who lives in St. Bernard Parish happens to read this, please tell me that it does stop raining in Chalmette... doesn't it? Sometimes?
Or is it just me?
No comments:
Post a Comment