Excuse Me, I Have To Go Shopping Now!
We stayed up till 3 AM last night watching Nip/Tuck Season 3 on DVD. We hadn't watched any of the season, just so we could watch them all at once. (Well, really, I had no such idea, but Mike did and he wouldn't let me. We all know this isn't the way I operate. You know I'm a spoiler girl. You know I can't resist the fact that the internet will tell me INSTANTLY what happens with the touch of a key. I mean, come on, I read books back to front.) Anyway, those Nip/Tucks are like crack. Like crack, I tell you. We watched them for 6 or 7 hours straight. I have had 410 theories on who the Carver is thus far-- I think we're on the third or fourth disc-- and it's fun to keep yelling them out every five minutes. We were aided in this rampant DVD debauchery by a bottle of sauvignon blanc.
Can I just tell you how happy I am that Kimber is in this season? Because I love Kimber. She's such a guilty pleasure, and personally I am convinced she's one of the only characters who's actually grown since the first episode-- and how cool that she was supposed to be a throwaway character in the first episode? Plus it reminded me how I like her hair, and I think I'm going to go get mine cut if I can find an opening somewhere today. I have been meaning to do it for ages.
Plus I need to buy new work pants. And some books for school. And despite the fact that dollars are low right now because I just wrote the rent check, I think there's nothing wrong with a little shopping...
2 comments:
Philip Roth once complained that people were "now" talking about movies the way they used to talk about books. Arlo is now complaining that people talk about cable the way they used to talk about movies.
Cut the cord! Save your graduate student soul! It's not too late!
Well, maybe it is.
Luckily, I don't really watch TV. I got into Nip/Tuck and The Shield because my boyfriend watches them. Mostly I stick to my books and my Masterpiece Theatres. :-)
I definitely watch more cable than I watch movies, so that's true for me!
Post a Comment