Friday, September 1, 2006

Don't They Have A "WWW.My Cat Hates You.Com?"

Jolee attacksBecause... yeah.

You ask, why is the cat wearing a look of such pure evil? Here is Jolee Bindo watching me dangle a straw. Straws are his favorite toys. Ever. When I say straws, I don't mean some complicated cat-designed toy you haven't heard of. I mean black plastic ones that you stick in a Coke and drink out of. Individually wrapped in clear plastic. My restaurant uses them, and I usually have a handful riding around in my apron, which I toss in my bag at the end of the night. Jolee will actually go through my purses for straws. I caught him doing it yesterday. Not just the one I take to work, but all of them. In his head, purse=straw! I do not for the life of me know what is so singularly exciting about these straws, but they cause him to morph into this flying ball of fur that does backflips. Maybe it's the crinkling noise the wrapper makes. Does your cat have a weird household item that makes him or her turn crazy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Ralphina thinks that my shoes = toys. She seems to be confused as to whether she is a kitten or a dog.

Sarah said...

Ralphina = so cute! (The name and the cat.)