Monday, August 14, 2006

What are YOUR Minutes Worth?

Apparently, according to Forbes Magazine, J.K. Rowling makes $145 a minute. What do you say to that? "Um, I make that in the average 7 hour shift"? That is a lot of money. Just think about it. For instance, I have only been up for about 45 minutes (it's my day off), and I have spent 1 minute staring morosely at the mess that is the kitchen, knowing that Mike put a suit on this morning and went to work for the First Day of the Rest of His Life As An Attorney and will expect me to have it cleaned up by the time he gets home, even though it is mostly his, because I need to contribute to the cleanliness of the household etc. etc. ($145). I have spent four minutes petting Jolee ($580). I have spent probably the next 30 checking my e-mail and reading my various daily blogs ($4,350).

Well, I probably have $4,350 in my entire bank account, does that count? $145 a minute. I want to be that kind of author... Just kidding, I'll settle for being published, period.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Ahhh...I guess you do read your mugglenet. :-P

Sarah said...

I LOVE my mugglenet. We just bought movie #4 and watched it and all the rest, so I am on a Harry Potter kick this week.