Moment of Terror
Well, that was briefly frightening. I went to open DCDS, and the program couldn't locate it. !!!???! My entire novel, 70,000 words of work, 300 some pages, vanished into the misty dark spaces of my laptop's memory. It just wasn't in my fiction folder where it always is. After I took a moment to breathe, I realized that last week when the IBM guy came to fix my laptop, I had copied the novel into my shared documents so Mike could grab it and it would be backed up. (I was afraid the fan would go completely and my hard drive would melt or, I don't know, whatever computers do when their fans die and they overheat.) Turns out instead of copying the folder, I moved the whole thing by accident, so all my shortcuts were broken. But here it is, "Dangerous City, Dark Skyway, 2nd Draft," so all is resolved without tears.
Whew!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment