Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thirteen Reasons I Am Stressing Today

Thurs Thirteen
1. There is NO INTERNET at my house. NO INTERNET.

2. I am at CC's on Magazine and I have not washed my face. Which puts me in a bad mood because I feel gross.

3. I am in the middle of trying to save a cat who's going to be put to sleep tomorrow AM at a kill shelter an hour away.

4. If I go to pull the cat, and the place we have lined up for her falls through, Mike will kill me because no matter how much I cry and beg, we can't have another cat at our house.

5. But she looks just like my Janie who died last summer, and I can't leave her there. So I'm about to get in the car.

6. But I need to be back before 5:00 because I have to work.

7. The class I went to last night is going to majorly suck, and they're requiring me to buy a $100 calculator that's crappier than the TI-85 $100 calculator I currently have yet inexplicably am not allowed to use.

8. I cried last night about this cat. Even though I know cats are put to sleep every day and I can't save them all.

9. This black coffee is helping. I refuse to order my coffees tall or grande or whatever. I think it is pretentious and dumb, especially because tall is a small. I take the cue from one of my old boyfriends, who told me he boycotts the Starbucksization of our culture by walking in and pointedly ordering a LARGE BLACK COFFEE. This is what I did today.

10. I waste more gas with this animal rescue stuff. Oh well.

11. I missed a meeting I wanted to go to last night.

12. My Thursday Thirteen banner won't load because Blogger hates me. Again.

13. I forgot I have to pay $700 for health insurance, and I can't afford it this week. So it will have to wait. Luckily, I think it retroactively applies. And anyway, why would you send me a letter on Aug 23 telling me my insurance needed to be renewed by the 19th. Like, thanks guys. Way to be on the ball.

EDITED 1:20 PM TO ADD: Found out someone just pulled the 2 adult cats, so I didn't have to go get them. Yay whoever saved them!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO INTERNET? I think I would die!

K said...

I would go crazy without the internet! No wonder you're stressed! :)

I hope you will be able to save the kitty. That's really sad!

Have a good Thursday!! Hope you'll be able to relax a little. :)

Debby said...

I am LOST without internet! How are you getting through the day???????
My heart's with you on the kitty...I'll be praying that it works out.
Happy Thursday anyway!

Anonymous said...

No internet? Say it isn't so...!!!

My TT is up! Thirteen steps in hosting a blog tour for my new novel, SAVING GRACE!

Anonymous said...

Great 13. My first visit to your blog and I'll be back. Visit me and go to the bottom of my blog to see the kitty baby we rescued from the MSPCA 2 weeks ago. He even had the micro chip put in so he'll have our info on him (it's hard for cats to carry their ID in their wallet..LOL)

Buttercup said...

Good luck with the cat and the internet! My TT is up as well.

Sarah said...

Someone pulled the cat & the other adult cat that was in danger this afternoon. So it's OK, and I didn't have to drive there. Phew. It is so hard for the adult cats to get out of kill shelters, because they aren't in demand.

I adopted an adult cat specifically because of this.

Carmen said...

I think it's beautiful that you want to save these animals, and I'm so happy that someone else did the work for you this time! :)

Anonymous said...

NO INTERNET!! Whoever hasn't fixed it yet should be beat LOL. And yay that the cats were saved

Raggedy said...

Wooooohooooooo on the cat rescue. I was going to tell you to go get her..hahaha
Blogger has been giving me trouble too!
Great TT
My TT is up
Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I have a nervous breakdown if the Internet doesn't work here!

Thanks for visiting my TT :)