Friday, August 25, 2006

Action at the Rue

I admit to being a devotee of Craigslist. My especial favorite section is the Missed Connections, aka "I Saw You's," which usually run something like, "You were at Whole Foods in a gray tank top and khaki shorts. I stood behind you in line. You looked at me over your stack of produce & feminine hygiene products and I felt something pass between us. Please email me." They are alternately creepy and hilarious. I secretly hope to someday be a Missed Connection. Not because I need another boyfriend, but because it would be SO FUNNY.

Anyway, any proper NOLA Craigslister has probably been following the series of ubiquitous Rue posts. If not, you should be, because today's batch is kind of awesome. Apparently the Rue de la Course on Magazine is a veritable Missed Connections mecca. A sampling of the fun:


"There are plenty of hot girls in the coffee shop today (my friend and I being two of them), however, there are definitively no hot guys here, or young guys at all for that matter, or rather there was one hot guy in a pink shirt sitting in the corner on his Mac, but he is now gone. We came here specificially to scope out the craig's list scene (seeing as the number of missed connections that happen here), but are sorely dissapointed."

"what about the other rue (S. Carrollton) Does anyone go there? I don't. Are the Rue's like hunting grounds for the erudite, non-alcoholic single (or whatever) dudes and dudettes lookin' around, or is just MagRue?"

"I am the aformentioned friend that was at the Rue earlier.. We specifically went to that Rue because it's apparently a craigslist hotbed and we wanted to see if anyone cute actually went there, and from what we understand, my creepy old criminal law professor frequents the one on carrollton."

"Your creepy crim law professor? Rault? He's scared me away from the Rue on Oak as well. I wonder how many other people have fled that Rue because of him. (HAHAHAHAHA.) He's probably single handedly cut their business in half with his brand of extreme pervy creepiness. We should set up a hot people hour at the Rue on magazine in which we all sit around looking hot and pretending to do work while actually checking each other out and posting missed connections without talking to each other."

"all hot people at rue...gather tomorrow at 4pm - m4w - 27"


Laughing my ass off. I never knew how much I missed by going to the CC's instead of the Rue! Oh my god, right now, as we speak, I am missing the hot people gathering at the Rue! Hahahaha... But CC's has two important points which solidify it as my coffee house of choice, namely that two baristas there loved my "THIS IS WHAT A FEMINIST LOOKS LIKE" t-shirt the other day and asked where they could get one online, which makes them cool chicas, and also, it is close to my house.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

very desperately seeking susan.

Not packed yet, but I've started a "pile". :)