Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Those Animal Rescue People Don't Mess Around

I have 100 lbs of cat food in the trunk of my car, and am going tomorrow morning to learn about feeding stations. Then Friday I am going feeding in Plaquemines Parish (which I have been informed is not as far of a drive as my city-dwelling self thinks it is). This is still needed because there are a lot of animals on the streets, though by now they are hiding and can't be caught.

Jolee Bindo promises not to be jealous of the homeless cats. Actually, I lied. He promises no such thing. Jolee Bindo is a possessive creature.

2 comments:

Red said...

Are these cats that were made homeless/stray by Hurricane Katrina? I think it's a wonderful thing you're doing. Respect to you, girl.

Jolee Bindo (I assume that's your feline owner) will get over it, don't you worry.

Sarah said...

There are still animals out there who are now wary of people. Either their people couldn't find them, or they didn't come back at all. They have now had tons of kittens, which are out on the streets. They are trying to get them trapped and spayed/neutered. I just started helping last week, but everybody I've met so far is great!

Jolee is my cat. He is also a former Katrina stray. :-)