Monday, July 3, 2006

More Nonsensical FEMA News

According to today's paper, New Orleans residents are in a poor state of mental health. Well, no wonder, when we have to see stuff like this: FEMA wants NOFD to pay, or else they'll take away their helicopters. Pardon me for a second. Didn't we just get that article about the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF WASTE FEMA IS COMMITTING AS WE SPEAK? In the midst of those billions of dollars, they want to withdraw their two measly helicopters-- which are desparately needed because of the fires. Every time I drive somewhere I see another building that's burned down. And I mostly just drive through Uptown and Central City. Imagine what the really destroyed areas look like. The other day the water pressure was... let's just say my shower was almost refreshingly rain-like.

It is raining now. Depressingly, since it is the holiday weekend and idiots will be lighting off fireworks, I can only see that as a good thing right now.

2 comments:

Mark Folse said...

Um, do the Really Big Sparklers count as idiocy, if only because I have an 11 year old son....

Sarah said...

Oh, sparklers are great! I am thinking more along the lines of the idiots last year who were setting off very large fireworks in my neighborhood for two whole days... in the graveyard, no less.