Thirteen Things About My Cat
Well, you knew this one was coming. Also, I posted some banners I made in the previous entry, if anyone wants to check them out!
1. He is a Katrina kitty. At the shelter they called him Mr. Bitey because he chomped a groomer who was trying to shave him.
2. His full name is Jolee Bindo, which is the name of a kooky old Jedi in the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic game. He has yet to display Jedi powers. He does, however, have an ageless quality to him... but that is only because I don't know how old he is.
3. His cutest thing is when he beeps me. Mike says this is completely dumb, there is no such thing, and I made it up. But he does beep me! I will hold out a finger and he beeps it with his nose. Sometimes he will beep my nose with his nose, when I'm sleeping. Which is actually a little freaky because you wake up to a huge cat face.
4. He has thumbs. No, seriously, he has giant mutant front feet with seven toes. Four of the toes are like a normal cat foot, and three of them stick out on the side like a big thumb on a mitten. I am not counting the dew claw, either. He really has that many toes. He uses them like a tennis serve: he picks up a toy mouse in his teeth and flings it into the air, then he bats it up to six feet with his paws.
5. He waits outside the bathroom for me like a dog. Stretched across the doorway, of course, so when I open the door I fall over him.
6. He has two favorite sitting positions that none of my family cats have ever done. The first one we call "The Pimp Hand," which is when he sits with one paw tucked underneath and one paw stretched out. It's funny because his paws are so huge. The second one is like the pimp hand, but both paws are out, and he crosses his legs and places one paw on top of the other. Very gentlemanly.
7. I really want to know if anyone else's cat does this. After he eats he meows like he's strangling himself. It's sort of a loud gurgling meow. We call it his digestive meow, and it has a very disturbing sound, like he's off dying in the kitchen.
8. He is afraid of the door. I think this is because he had a bad experience outside, and maybe some of the other cats were mean to him. But it works out fine, because there is nothing more stressful than having an unwilling indoor cat. He's also afraid of people who come in the door, and the mail that comes through the slot in the door, and the doorbell, and... you get the idea. Actually, he's easily startled by anyone who is not me.
9. He is a seal-point Himalayan, more or less. He has blue eyes. His face is more Siamese than Persian, though, a little pointy, and he does not have a pushed-in nose. He has a regular cat nose, which makes me think (along with some funky spots he has on his back) that he has some regular cat mixed in.
10. He loves to watch birdies. His mouth twitches when he watches them, and he growls. It's so funny to watch him watch birds.
11. He likes to lick my toes, especially when I come home from work and they are sweaty. This is a totally disgusting habit, and I try to tell him it's gross. But he likes to lick my toes.
12. Recently he has started to hang out in the bathroom. Yesterday I caught him there twice, once in the bathtub and once drinking out of the toilet. I don't know why he wants the toilet water when he doesn't touch the nice Brita water in his dish, but oh well. I really don't know why he wants to be in the bathtub, especially since it gets his paws wet and he just goes around angry and shaking them.
13. If I had to describe him in two words, they would be "talkative" and "bouncy." He bounces from the couch to the bed to the top of the couch like a rubber ball. Sometimes he'll jump onto the bed, and bounce right off the other side. He goes "yow yow yow" constantly, except when sleeping or reclining. Sometimes his meow sounds like a dog, like he's saying, "Rrrrrrroof!" If I call "Joleeeeeeeee," he will come bounding: "yow yow yow!" Sigh. My kitty loves me. And I love my kitty.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
4 comments:
My cat sits like you mention in number 6! He'll also beep me, but I've never heard it called that. :) So nice of you to take a Katrina kitty and to share your love. And you get it back twice over!
My cat doesn't sit like that but damn if he doesn't act like a human child. He's been a real smart butt as of late. I could never put in words ho wmy Sam is. Except he kicked me to the curb & has adopted my new husband. My TT is upas well!
So flippin' cute! I was a foster parent to a Katrina kitty here in Phoenix. His name was Mardi Gras. So bad that the shelter named him that. He has a home with a great family now.
YEY for a Katrina kitty! :)
I was laughing at your comments - I have three cats, each with a very distinctive personality. My goofiest one has the bathroom thing too. In fact, regardless of where he is or what he's doing, if he hears me head into the bathroom, he's RIGHT there with me. WHY? Even I don't want to be in there sometimes!
I get lots of love from my kitties, though. Wouldn't trade them for anything!
Happy Friday!
Post a Comment