Thirteen Books I Love
Eeeeee. Is this an attempt at a top 13? Oh boy. I don't know if this will work. I love too many books. Am I allowed to cheat and count my omnibus volumes? Oh, fine. (Sulk.) I'll just say these are thirteen books (by thirteen authors) I love and have re-read MANY times.
1. Jitterbug Perfume, Tom Robbins
2. The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood
3. The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
4. The Witching Hour, Anne Rice
5. Mad Ship, Robin Hobb
6. Swallows and Amazons, Arthur Ransome
7. The Awakening, Kate Chopin
8. The Inn at Lake Devine, Elinor Lipman
9. Youth In Revolt, C.D. Payne
10. A Storm of Swords, George R.R. Martin
11. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
12. Dragonflight, Anne McCaffrey
13. Beloved, Toni Morrison
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tags:
12 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my site tonight! Love the book list. I think I'll add a few of yours to my list. Have a great day!
It is always hard to make any type of top ten list of books!
I have only read a few of the books on your list, so I will have to check out the others.
Nice list. Some of the authors you've mentioned are among my faves, as well. :)
Margaret Atwood is one of my all time favourite authors. Its always interesting to read a list of other peoples fav books. Makes me want to go find the ones I dont know.
Hmm. You and I share only two books. I think our tastes are different. :-)
My TT are up.
Ooh, thanks! Now I have more books to put on my list.
7, 11, and 13 I've read...the others in your list I'll have to check 'em out!! I love to read.
My Thurs 13 is posted
I think the Witching Hour is one of her best books. My list is about books, too.
Pride and Prejudice is my favorite.
I also really loved the Hobbit.
I'll have to check out your other picks!
Happy Thursday.
Mine are up!
Good books on this list - I'd have such a hard time picking books as favorites in a format like this - bravo to you for doing it :)
Have a great day!
See, I thought of making a separate kids/young adult list. Because there are those I still have and still read. I think I will do that one another time. I also considered Gatsby and Mrs. Dalloway... See? Impossible to make such lists. Hmph. The boyfriend who has a Masters in English does not understand my avoidance of Faulkner. "As I Lay Dying" did not do it for me, perhaps because of my childhood fear of dead bodies. Haha. But I have to say I was able to get into "Absalom, Absalom" this year, so there is hope.
Oh, and Witching Hour is definitely the best Anne Rice. Forget the vampire stuff. It's especially the height of cool to read because of the New Orleans history... and the fact that the restaurants they go to and the places they live are ACTUALLY HERE.
Post a Comment