Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Nejer mide, 'e'th yourth, take the little athhole

Got home from work to find Jolee waiting for me at the door. Happy meow! Happy meow! Took my uniform off, hunted in the dresser for PJ's, saw cat meowing at my feet. I know he hates to be picked up, but he seems to be getting better with repeated attempts. DID NOT EVEN PICK HIM UP ALL THE WAY. Just lifted his front feet off the ground to give him a kiss on the head, which I do all the time. I must have snuck up behind him, he didn't see me coming or he's just a huge spaz, because he whips around and puts one of his front claws...

... THROUGH MY LIP.

Ran to the bathroom and watched blood pour out of my mouth into the sink. I have a paper towel stuck in there, and it seems to be under control now. I'm sure this is going to look wonderful when it starts to swell. I'm sure I was in the mood for a dinner of solid food rather than a shake sucked through a straw, but WE DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT WE WANT, DO WE? Now he is sitting at my elbow being all furry and sweet.

Argh. I petted him. Temptation is the devil's specialty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!!!

If it makes you feel any better Aurora scratched my nipple one time and it hurt so bad I unexpectidly threw the poor girl across the room. I won't tell you what Pilot did to Erik once :D

I hope you cleaned that out with peroxide because cats have a venome in their claws.

Sarah said...

I tried to clean it out, but it is on my lip and I didn't want to ingest anything gross. It is quite black and ugly today, which is lovely because I am going to a wedding this weekend. I figure whoever sits next to me on the plane will surreptitiously stare at me to determine if I have herpes. Got to love cats!

Oh well, I do love cats. It is hard to yell at them when they don't mean it. Nipple=ouch, though. I would throw the cat too.