Saturday, April 1, 2006

Rave: My Roly Poly Sandwich

I tell you, it is that good.

Roly Poly is, hands down, one of my favorite reasons I'm glad to be back in New Orleans. Neither Massachusetts nor New York have joined civilization yet, aka have a Roly Poly. I am a total addict. When I worked downtown, I was such a regular at the One Shell Square store that they knew my name and my "usual." (#10 California Turkey: turkey breast, bacon, cheddar, scallions, lettuce, tomato, avocado, sprouts, ranch, and mango chutney.)

It's slightly pricier than Subway, but the flavors are more sophisticated and varied. Today's wrap, #31 Delhi Chicken, which I am trying for the first time, has curried chicken salad, swiss cheese, bacon, avocado, pineapple, lettuce, sprouts, and mango chutney. Quite satisfactory. In fact, I have tried a good chunk of the chicken and turkey menus and have yet to find one I don't like.

I have seen the top of the fast food mountain. This is the top, and I can say no more.

No comments: