Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Oh For The Love Of...

Distraught. In tears. With a HUGE INTENSE HEADACHE that will probably last all day. I have had 3.5 hours of sleep. First the cat woke up at 6:00. Then Mike, angry because the cat woke him up, hit the snooze button on the alarm three times in a row. And then the jackhammering began. For the second day in a row. They are tearing up our street. I do not know why. They are tearing it up precisely from 7:00 to 8:30. I do not know why. Can't they wait till people are at work? It can't be because the day isn't hot yet; the guy who's drilling holes in the street is in a truck. Then he leaves at 8:00 so the regular guys on foot in orange vests can toil the rest of the day in the blazing heat. What the hell. There could not be anything more ridiculous than jackhammering a street slightly before 7 AM. Even when I worked 9-5 I was still asleep at 7 AM!

I work the next two nights. I don't get to bed till 3 AM. If they are going to keep doing this, I guarantee there will be some crazy woman yelling off the porch action. She will be clad in nothing but a T-shirt, probably damp with sweat from rolling around attempting to sleep, and she will be me. Fuck the City of New Orleans. My head hurts so much right now.

Currently taking bets on whether anyone will come and fill in the 30 foot strip of street that is being torn up. Odds are 50 to 1 against. The fact that I know they will just leave it that way almost pisses me off more than the 7 AM jackhammering.

No. No it doesn't.

Edited to add: AND NOW WE HAVE NO WATER!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's no fun. Erik gets so frustrated when the cats wake him up. I however always sleep right through whatever they do. I hope you get a good night sleep tonight.

Sarah said...

I can sleep through him, except when he bounces onto my head!