Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Box of Books!

Many people cannot imagine the sort of life in which receiving a box of books in the mail is THE coolest thing that can happen. Oh, but it is. I live that life. I walked in the door after work ($120 in tips = not the greatest night), and saw a box of books sitting on the chair. They're my freebies for joining the Science Fiction Book Club. I will probably spend the next three days reading nonstop. In case you are interested, I got:

A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin
A Clash of Kings, George R.R. Martin
A Storm of Swords, George R.R. Martin (now I have them all in hardcover)
The First Chronicles of Amber, Roger Zelazny
Gardens of the Moon, Steven Erikson
Crystal Rain, Tobias Buckell
Elantris, Brandon Sanderson

And again, once more with relish: A box of books! A box of books!

Tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY understand your excitement. Whenever I get a box o' books in the mail, I tear it open and slowly, reverantly go through each one, feeling the covers, reading the backs, opening them to smell those untouched pages. And then I do it all again, as I try to decide which book I want to read first. Pure heaven. Have fun with these!

Sarah said...

And they do smell good! I stared at them for awhile, then rearranged my bookshelves for them. So satisfying.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. It's like you just listed a bunch of my fave books and/or books on my "to read" list. You lucky woman you!

I think I just drooled on my keyboard...

Sarah said...

Some of these were on my "to read" list. The Martins, though... well, I couldn't resist buying them again in hardcover when they were practically free. I think I have bought "A Game of Thrones" four times now.