Monday, February 20, 2006

Geekdom = Right Here

Just warning you. Until this fall, I had never played a computer game. Then I got sucked into Knights of the Old Republic, or as we call it, The Game. I played for, like, 30 hours straight. SO MUCH FUN. Really. SO FUN! Like being in Star Wars! I guess I never did the role-playing thing because it made me think of guys in basements. But the writerly part of me loves naming my characters, figuring out who they are, etc. Then I discovered mods, and that opened up a whole new aspect of geekdom. For some reason, I really really like being a Twi'lek in a skanky outfit. I haven't been a guy yet, and I haven't managed to be evil because it makes me feel so awful. But I have been:

Malta AmakiirMalta Amakiir is my character in Neverwinter Nights, which I'm several hours into. She is a half-elf ranger. She is a chaotic neutral character, which I interpret as a reluctant hero who helps the good guys but isn't above taking on some shady quests for fun and profit. Malta has a direwolf called Nymeria (just like Arya Stark!). Though it lacks the Star Wars factor, this game is pretty cool.



Palyn NuPalyn Nu is my current character in Knights of the Old Republic II. She's a hottie who somehow manages to fight without her boobs falling out of that shirt. Really I just run around in the game watching myself and going, "EEEE I look so cool!" Thanks, pcgamemods.







Mariorav FortunaMy current character in KOTOR I, Mariorav Fortuna was supposed to be evil, but I couldn't do it. Sigh. So yeah, she's a Scout/Jedi Guardian. And she's purple. And her midriff-baring robe is pretty cute. I really need to get going on that Dark Side thing, but my party gets so upset with me when I beat up random people and take their credits, I just get depressed.




Arkady DarellArkady Darell (tribute to Asimov) was my first KOTOR II character. She was a paragon of the light. But the game wouldn't let her hook up with Bao-Dur, which was a huge letdown, because he is pretty sexy for an alien guy with horns. Arkady rocked the double-bladed silver lightsaber (which really just looks white.)


Duru AntillesDuru Antilles holds a special place in my short gaming experience, because she was the first. No relation to Wedge (I figure Antilles is the Smith of Star Wars), she was a sarcastic Scoundrel who became a Jedi. Duru favored two lightsabers, one blue and one purple. She was such a bad ass. And she saved the galaxy. And it was awesome. I miss you, Duru!
... But this morning, I think I'll be purple for a while.

Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Pressingtheneed said...

Hello, i just came across your blog somewhere in my neighbourhood. Though, technically i am far off in Lahore (PAKISTAN). Takecare, i like your blog.
Do visit mine
Ali