Friday, October 21, 2005

Papers, Head of the Charles, and What Sarah's Reading

I've finished my first two assignments for my online classes. Seems to be going well so far, except that I didn't start working until Tuesday because I tend to forget I am in a class at all. I've also been interrupted by the addition of cable to our apartment. It definitely says basic cable on the work order and receipt, yet we inexplicably get 300 channels and like 4 HBOs. I wonder if it was the refugee story I told to the cable guy...? Ha! Right. Wait till we get the $180 cable bill...

My mom is coming this weekend for Head of the Charles. For those of you who don't know, it's probably the most famous crew race in America. My mom will be rowing in the masters double. I have never gone, even when I was rowing at SLU, so it should be fun. I thought about rowing this fall while in Boston, because they don't really have an active club in New Orleans, but I decided to sail instead.

Currently reading:
Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (new)
George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords (re-read)
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice (re-read)
Ursula K. LeGuin, The Farthest Shore (re-read but not for over ten years)

Yes, I am well aware that is four books. I am rarely reading less than three at once. What if you're just reading one, and then you aren't in the mood for it tonight? It becomes a huge frightening life dilemma! (Um, for me...)

1 comment:

mW said...

Good thing you don't have time to read the book that I gave you.... :(