Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I Have A New Boyfriend

Carth is Sarah's virtual boyfriend
So Mike got us Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, for some entertainment in our exile. I'm not usually into computer games, but he is an expert at role-playing so he let me create my character first and gave me advice about what abilities to give her. Um, yeah, that was at 9:30 last night. Should I admit that, according to the game, I have logged 10.5 hours since? No, we'll keep that bit of pathetic obsessiveness a secret-- oh wait-- Seriously. I have never done this before. But I can't stoooooooppp! And then! Imagine my excitement to discover ... that my character, Duru Antilles, gets a male soldier partner who is HOT! Which led to an evening of conversation that went roughly like this:

Me: Wait, can I hook up with him?
Mike: I don't know if the game works that way.
Me: I can't make him have sex with me? I'm totally going to.
Mike: It's not that kind of video game, I don't think.
Me: Ooh, sweetie! You are such a hottie.
Mike: Yeah?
Me: I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Carth. OH MY GOD! HE JUST FLIRTED WITH ME! WHAT DO I SAY? WHICH ANSWER WILL MAKE HIM LIKE ME?
Mike: Oh God.
Me: My character is totally gonna do him. But aw, he doesn't trust me because I'm a smuggler.
Mike: You have to find the undercity to look for the rescue pod.
Me: Whoo! That guy invited us to a Sith party!
Mike: Go in a direction you haven't gone. Look at your little map.
Me: Yeah, yeah, yeah... what? I was still on the party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I played this a bit...

do good jedi stuff, ask him about himself all the time (gee, that's not like really dating, right?) and try to always be a hero; I think that'll sucker him in.

Sarah said...

Ohhhh yes, I googled, and reliable online sources informed me that-- yes!-- I can make my fake boyfriend love me! Haha... sometimes he gets all flustered when I talk and it's very amusing to me.