Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Feast! Feast! Feast!

The people demand their Feast. Have spent all evening physically restraining self from reading spoilers posted online by people in England who already have the book. Then I thought, if I had known about Ned Stark, would that part have blown me away when I read A Game of Thrones? No. It would not have. Explained dilemma to Mike. He told me not to do it. He is right. I know he is right. The Feast should be read in order.

On the other hand, I know damn well I will not be able to read it strictly in order, ie: will skip ahead to the POVs I like best. ... like Mark Twain before her, she found that reports of a Feast had been greatly exaggerated...
A lot of people read ASOIAF this way. For instance, I admit to usually skipping Davos chapters, occasionally Catelyn chapters. And Bran chapters were kind of "meh" as well. I go back to them on the re-read, but honestly, I could care less about certain plots, for instance the Melisandre/Stannis thing. When they arrived at the Wall (and the main plot) at the end of the last book, I was taken aback, like, "What? Someone hasn't killed them off yet? Why not? Argh."

But I am not reading spoilers. Because I am going to read the book in order. Right. (And besides, thorough search of internet did not reveal any Brits posting specifics. Perhaps they are slower readers than me.)

2 comments:

Marcus V. Halberstram Esq. said...

I don't read books

Sarah said...

is that... a Ludwig? under that strange outfit? yup, i was right.