Monday, September 12, 2005

What Is Saved

Sometimes it's nice to stop and do an inventory of your life. Therefore, I, Sarah, displaced resident of Uptown New Orleans, left my house in a hurry on the afternoon of August 28, 2005 with:

- 1 IBM laptop computer
- 6 diaries, primarily from my St. Lawrence years
- 3 notebooks of my writing
- 3 books (out of a few hundred... just three)
- 4 bras
- 9 pairs of underwear
- 1 bikini (??? in case I had to swim through floodwaters in brand new white J Crew suit??)
- 1 bag assorted toiletries
- 1 travel jewelry box with some necklaces and earrings
- 1 small makeup bag
- 1 purse and wallet
- 7 tank tops
- 4 skirts
- 4 pairs of shorts
- 6 t-shirts
- 1 pair of jeans
- 2 pairs of capri pants
- 3 belts
- 1 cell phone
- 2 Nalgene bottles
- 1 large Maglite
- 1 small CD case with CDs
- 1 pair flip flops
- 1 pair sneakers
- 1 Gregory backpacking pack, stuffed with most of the above

I hope my photo albums are safe. I hope my books are safe. I hope my car is safe.

In that order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you have a large Maglite...and not only 1 Nalgene, but 2! And the Gregory is just above and beyond...At least you can go camping to take your mind off things...Hope all is well...
~Bryan