New Story
You can read the first couple pages of my new story here. Not that I expect everyone will want to, but there it is! Only, if you do read the excerpt, please let me know if you hate it, or maybe only partially hate it... or you know, whatever.
2 comments:
I have never left a message with a blog before, but I just wanted to tell you, Sarah, that I have a lot of admiration for you in starting up a whole new life in a strange city, with no money to speak of, none of the familiar clothes that bring us all a bit of comfort and confidence, and none of your anything that means something to you. Any yet it doesnt sound as though you are full of angst, that wasteful wrenching of the heart that only destroys our best intentions as we wallow in self-pity. It sounds like you have your head on straight and know what you need to do for the moment. I know that writers WRITE, with great discipline, and then write some more, before getting to that kernal of thought that is the very essence of what is trying to be said.
May you find the peace and passion to follow your chosen path with earnest steadfastness. Gutsyness and heart...
and maybe a paying job to keep the fingers from freezing and the light on all winter. Boston doesnt get a lot of snow, but the wind cuts right through you, especially on the shady side of the street between the tall bldgs. You have borne the ill luck well. Hats off to you and regards for a brighter future. Enjoy Boston! she provides a feast for the young. (and be good for Mike... he is a winner!
Hi Sarah!
Just read the excerpt from your scifi story, and I must tell you that I'm very impressed by the quality of your writing.:-)
Keep up the good work! And post other updates so we can read what's going to happen!
Good luck with the novel.:-)
Patrick
Post a Comment