Love To All My Larries
To St. Lawrence and its alumni: You guys remain the best people I know, and I think will ever meet. I don't know if many people know this, but St. Lawrence was something I almost missed. I applied early decision to another school, and when it didn't work out I found myself at SLU. I think I am not exaggerating when I say that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. And I almost missed it... But I didn't. I'm really not joking when I say on my website that I've got the St. Lawrence logo tattooed on me. Got it my senior year. I bleed scarlet and brown anyway, but you can't see that...
I just want to say thank you for all the fellow Larries who've offered to help in the last couple weeks-- even the ones I don't know. I've heard from people from the Class of '65 on up. I want to say thank you to the amazing ladies of Epsilon Kappa chapter.
I still miss it so much, you know. The clock tower, walking up Park Street at 3 AM under the orange glow of the streetlights, the silence when it snows. You can tell from my website, I suppose. And St. Lawrence seeps through in most of the short stories I have posted there. I would, like, sleep curled up in a drawer in the Tick Tock kitchen if only St. Lawrence would let me come back and go there for another four years... unfortunately, I think everyone else would start looking a bit young.
I raise a Blue to my Larries. You guys are my original crew.
No comments:
Post a Comment