It's Starting To Rain
The outer bands of Hurricane Rita are just beginning to reach New Orleans. I have a plane ticket for 7:00 AM tomorrow. It's raining on my car with no windows, my closet with no ceiling, and my room with a compromised roof. If I just accept that all my clothes are already ruined, and everything else that was in the walk-in closet, that's fine. I've already pictured it wet and moldy so often it keeps me awake at night. I'm willing to write that off.
But there's a hole in the roof. The ceiling in the two surrounding rooms is already gone. And in my room, hundreds of books sit on three bookshelves. And it's raining, possibly even a tropical storm downpour. If I lose my books too... well, I can't think about that.
They WILL let me into the city. I don't care if they changed their minds about allowing people back into Uptown. Never underestimate a pissed off English major.
Now it's a race.
No comments:
Post a Comment