Friday, December 7, 2007

Prince Caspian Trailer



My opinion?

Eh.

Reeks of NFTTB to me (Not Faithful to the Book). Tell me all you want about books not translating well to the screen and the need for changes blah blah blah, I don't really care. I don't support this whole "Americans won't see this movie... what it really needs is a completely superfluous yawner of a fight scene! That's IT!" strategy of moviemaking. Strangely, I found I enjoyed the first Narnia movie less than the old junky BBC version from the 80's.

5 comments:

Mark R. Brand said...

Speaking of NFTB, have you checked out the trailer for I Am Legend? It looks like it's going to be really just OK. I feel like aside from the original 70's Dawn of the Dead, no other piece of fiction really grabs the zombie genre quite as cerebrally and well. Oh well.

LissBirds said...

I think I like watching movie trailers better than the actual movies. :)

For whatever reason, that battle scene at 1:54 reminded me a lot of Star Wars Episode 1. I'm having flashbacks of gungans.

Sarah said...

I've seen the ads for I Am Legend. But I'm not familiar with the book. (I... might be scared of zombies...)

LissBirds said...

I thought I Am Legend was about vampires? And Will Smith is the only human left, and how he's in the majority, so he's the outsider, etc., etc.

I'd see it if it wouldn't scare the crap out of me.

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Forgive me for being slow but -- does this mean that the makers of The Lion/Witch/Wardrobe movie are doing a whole series of Narnia movies?

But presumeably not the entire 7 or they would have done Magician's Nephew first?

As a kid I adored these books.