You Would Think
... the last words you want to hear at the end of the school day are, "I need you to take boys' PE during your off period today," but it was surprisingly hilarious. Apparently the PE teacher quit, and there was some sort of behavior issue yesterday for which all the junior high boys got yelled at today. Come to find out they rarely do anything in PE, because there's no gym and it was too hot outside last month.
"Um, can we just take them out to the football field?" we asked. And no one said we couldn't. Turns out we didn't have to do ANYTHING. They got a football and cones, organized themselves into teams, took off their shirts and shoes, and played without incident for 45 minutes. Odd. It was the best I've seen these kids be, like, ever. (We did lose 4 undershirts and several pairs of socks as casualties of the game. Hope no one's mad.)
Pretty funny. I would totally take boys' PE again tomorrow. I can tan.
3 comments:
Didn't even know you were a teacher. So's my wife! Can't wait for her to get off her maternity leave and go back to work, I need a break.
The first rule of Fight Club: You do not talk about Fight Club.
:-P
yeah, sometimes I envy the PE teachers...
Post a Comment