Wednesday, August 29, 2007



"I don't remember how I felt
I never thought I'd live
To read about myself in my hometown paper
How my brave young life was forever changed
In a misty cloud of pink vapor
Darling, give me your kiss
Only understand
I am the nothing man
Around here, everybody acts the same
Around here, we all act like nothing's changed
Friday night the club meets at Al's Barbecue
The sky is still the same unbelievable blue
You can call me Joe
Buy me a drink and shake my hand
You want courage?
I'll show you courage you can understand"


I am not the same person I was two years ago. Would you be?

3 comments:

NOLADawn said...

I know I'm not. How did your kids deal with it all today?

Sarah said...

Oddly, it pretty much went over their heads... they care more about South Plaq vs. Belle Chasse on Friday. Go figure!

NOLADawn said...

Well.... I guess you gotta have priorities right??? :/

I had a comprehension test today on a passage about hurricanes and one of the short answer questions was whether or not you had ever been through a hurricane and if not what was the last one you had heard of on the news. One of my kids actually came up to me and said, "I don't know about any hurricanes because we always leave." WTF? I said... "And the part about the ones you have heard of on the news... have you HEARD of Katrina?"