Ow, Cat
You would not believe the twin scratches Jolee just raked into my right boob. I would take a picture to show how horribly long and painful these scratches are, but I fear the picture will be inappropriate. I am just mentioning it because I hate my cat, and by hate, I mean love him because he is made of fluff and love and is generally perfect in every way.
Except when he kicks off my chest and puts holes in me.
Why would a creature made entirely of fluff and love do such a thing? Because he is a HUGE WIMP with psychological issues, who heard Starbuck TRIP OVER A CARDBOARD BOX in the hallway, and decided the noise was such a threat to his life and limb that he panicked and scratched me up.
So, just for the record. My cat? Huge wimp.
Now I have to find another shirt to wear to work that doesn't make me look like a victim of cat abuse.
5 comments:
Ow! Pretty's the same way. In fact, in the year that I've had her, I've picked her up exactly one time... and recieved a chest, ab, and leg scratch for my attempts at love. Its all about building the trust... and realizing that the kitty is never gonna be perfect. And loving him all the more for his imperfectness.
Ouch. Dobby ran across my FACE recently and left a scratch on my nose. But it was small.
I have a scar in my cleavage from my darling Stinky, who has gone to the other side, and was petrified of everything. He scratched me when I was pregnant with my oldest, 11 years ago. So, I have a permanent memory of our dear Stinky to remember him forever. I hope your twins aren't permanent :)
I pick him up all the time, I just can't do it when anything's going to... surprise him. And you never know what that will be. I certainly can't pick him up when my boyfriend's in the room, because he makes Jolee nervous. But he wouldn't let me pick him up at all for probably the first six months, so he has mellowed out some.
Sorry, I laughed and even laughed out loud.
I know exactly what you mean about wimpy cats. I have been shredded for many reasons. Beignet carved up my hands because he heard the toilet flush. I've been launced off of, had my face ran across and many other scratches and gashes. The best part is that since I am actually allergic to cats, the wound usually puffs up.
I feel your pain, even if I did laugh :o)
Post a Comment