Thursday, April 5, 2007

Midget Kitten

Mike: Is that as big as Starbuck's going to get?
Me: I don't think so... what is she? Five or six months old maybe?
Mike: She just seemed like she doubled in size all at once, but she's been this size a while.
Me: I think she's still growing. Look, her neck's all scrawny, but she eats so much. I think this is her awkward phase.
Mike: Maybe this is as big as she'll get.
Me: You think so? Do you think she's a midget? Oh my god, what if she's a midget? What if she's a mini-cat?
Mike: I don't know, you've had cats. You tell me.
Me: I don't know!

Hmph. She's just very small. Still about half as big as Jolee size-wise, and probably 1/3 of his weight. Sometimes I worry about whether I should feed her more. But I don't think it's possible for her to eat more.

5 comments:

Sadie said...

Hee.

I'm sure she's fine. I always think Dobby looks tiny, then I weighed him the other day. 10 pounds! He just looks tiny next to Fatty Merlin.

As long as you can't see her ribs, she's probably good.

Robin said...

Are there midget cats? Cats do have emotional/mental problems though...Aurora is proof of that.

Tina said...

Apparently, there are genetic "defects" that exist in cats such as dwarfism and giantism. Take a look:
http://www.messybeast.com/freak-size.htm

And also, check out the obese cat. Seriously, who lets thier pet get that fat???!!

Sarah said...

My cat certainly has emotional issues!

NOLADawn said...

I'm sure she's fine. My previous set of siblings were two boys and girl. The boys were 16 and 13 pounds and the girl was a teeny little 10 pounder. She looked so refined next to them.
Mouse is still small, only 5 lbs. But, he still gives Hugo (13 lbs) a big can of whoop-ass whenever he pleases.