We Weren't Using That Porch Anyway
I returned home and walked up the steps to find that our friendly downstairs Katrina-renovating men had removed chunks of our front porch. Fun times in construction town. Apparently the wood is rotten and they are replacing it. I wasn't aware that I was in imminent danger of falling through the front porch, but nevertheless it is good that someone is on top of these things. The downside to all this construction is that it's in the 70's and it's my day off. I would have loved to do a bit of hanging out in the backyard in less clothing than usual, but unfortunately the workers have taken over the yard.
Now I am back in the office, with my resentful cat, who is sulking under the futon. Well, "with" is not quite accurate, since he is avoiding me and his favorite spot of avoidance happens to be in the same room as the computers. I tried to brush him for, I swear, thirty seconds and he flipped out and darted under there. He refuses to come out. And he was so lovable this morning. Starbuck is right next to me, though, playing with a pen on the desk. I bet she would love it if I brushed her. Too bad she is the shortest of American Shorthairs and will never need it.
2 comments:
You can still brush her in the summer when she's leaving hair everywhere. Shorthairs do it too, unfortunately.
Poor Jolee. He don't need no stinkin' brushing!
She's seriously got the least fur of any cat I've ever had. I guess it's because she's a silly gutterpunk mutt! :-P
Post a Comment