Gratuitous Jolee Photo of the Day
Because we haven't had one in a while, and he is the jealous type.
(On a side note, the fur on his back near his butt has gotten soooo matted and out of control. I try to keep on top of it, but it's just spiralled out of hand. I love the way his fur looks all long and pretty, and I'm sad about it, but I'm just going to have to go after him with the clippers. It is such a mess. Does anyone else have a long-haired cat? How do you keep this from happening? I try to brush him every day, but this particular mat is beyond brushing. It's like his entire undercoat of hair just clumped up overnight.)
3 comments:
He's so handsome...
I've never had a long-haired cat, so I can't help you there.
Ah Sarah, fur mats or not he is stunning! My Squirrel Cat has long hair and she tends to get mats too. They are probably not as bad as his since her fur is not as dense as his. I would suggest getting some detangling spray from the pet store. I got mine from PetSmart here in Canada. I think Petco in the US is the same. Mine is made by Pro Pet Salon. It is a freshening and detangling spray with a baby powder sent. If he doesn't like you spraying it on him, you could spray it on the brush or comb instead. It has aloe vera and coat conditioners in it too. I gave some to a friend with a long haired cat like Jolee and she found it useful. You can give it a try. If not, I heard that corn starch is good for getting out mats, as it makes the fur slipery. I don't know if either idea will work, but it's worth a try. You don't want to have to shave him and turn him back into Mr. Bitey (Just kidding).
He sure is a handsome devil.
Good Luck :o)
Thanks, I'll give that a try! I might get one of those wacky fur removal tools, too. I have sort of been spot-cutting his hair, which makes him a bit less pretty. But at least it's not as bad as making him bald again.
Post a Comment