Thirteen Things About Me & NaNoWriMo

1. I suck at it. Or at least I do this year. I feel like I have been massively busy with class and other things. Therefore I am 6,000 words behind today.
2. But I have a massive catch-up strategy I am employing today.
3. Last year I won. My novel was called Dangerous City, Dark Skyway. It is currently stuck in the re-write process, and I must admit, a little stalled.
4. This year's effort does not have a title yet.
5. My main character is named Claudia Nuevos. She is a con artist who basically seduces men and steals their ships. She decides to go after the richest man on the planet, and gets rather more than she bargained for.
6. It takes place on a moon called Calliope.
7. I'm writing in first person, present tense, which is odd for me, because I usually only use it for short stories. I'm trying for sort of a chick-lit tone. Except in scifi.
8. My name on the forum is Jedisluzer. I haven't been posting much, though. When I get caught up, I probably will.
9. I shamelessly took two days off for the election. That was what screwed me. Before that I was caught up.
10. I think there are a lot of people who do NaNoWriMo and don't take it seriously. For example, there are forums where people play stupid games to pad their word count. I don't get involved in any of that. For me, it's more about forcing myself to write a LOT. All at once. Every day. Because my goal is to become a professional, and NaNoWriMo helps me to enforce a writing schedule on myself.
11. The widget on the left under my picture and profile link very handily tells you how much I've written -- and how far behind I am.
12. For example. This entry so far has been 330 words long. And it took me just a couple of minutes to write. If I get on a roll, I ought to be able to get a lot done today.
13. The Democrats are in the House! Whooooo! And the Senate! (OK, sorry, and apologizes to anyone reading this who does not feel the same way, that just slipped out...)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
12 comments:
I just give you & all doing this credit for even attempting it!! And congrats on winning last year!
Have a great Thursday...
Keep at it!
So, the moon, Calliope? Named after the street? And how do you pronounce it? The way they do in NO, or the rest of the world?
I was going for Greek mythology, like the rest of our stars and planets... And NOTHING should be pronounced like it is in NOLA. Lol.
it's hard to keep going, but it sounds like you've got a good story line!
I like your blog, found you through my sister, Sadie.
Your story sounds great-- I love sci-fi stuff.
Great list! I'm participating in NaNoWriMo this year too...it's my first year. I'm also a little behind but I hope to play some catch up later on today. I feel like my novel is all over the place...I guess the editing period will be fun! lol!!
Fun list! Good luck...just keep plugging away! Happy Thursday!
I signed up for NaNo last year. I think I made it the first couple of days, then quit. It's not that I didn't take it seriously, it's that I couldn't decide what I wanted my characters to do. I had too many options and I froze.
Nicely done... I´m wondering if I can take part on it from Germany as well???
Well good luck with it! Sounds interesting!
Happy TT!
Dude,
your catch-up plan actually sounds pretty solid. I'm being a shut-in this weekend and playing catch-up (to the tune of 15,000 words--yes, I'm that far behind (I curse you life!) and that's not even an amount that would bring me current). Maybe I'll give it a go...
Good luck with your novel, I really admire you for doing that. I'd love to do it, but I know that I'm really far to busy - I'm so far behind with everything I have to do that I can't find the time to do the things I want to do :(
Best of luck though, and I hope you win.
My 13 affirmations:
http://sljuls.livejournal.com/10121.html
Post a Comment