Is The Dark Side Stronger?

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will. As it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."
I've never done the Dark Side ending of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I think I've mentioned before that it makes more sense to me for my character to fall at the end, when Bastila comes to find her, than to be this mean bully the whole game. The idea of defeating Malak and being the Dark Lord of the Sith becomes too powerful to resist. At the moment, I've conveniently racked up a couple of dark side points doing the Genoharadan quest (basically, you try to join a secret assassins' guild and go kill some people for money... and a cool pair of gloves), so I don't have as far to fall. I'm not sure how many Dark Side Points you get for making the ultimate bad choice and wasting your companions... it's got to be a bunch. I would be disappointed if it turned out the game didn't weight them properly. Killing Jolee (the character! not the cat!), Juhani, and Mission, and declaring myself the Dark Lord isn't quite on the same par as beating some guy up and making him give me $50.
On the flip side... I have cjt0202's Carth Romance Fix installed, and I want to see how it works. This mod changes the disappointing ending to the female PC's romance with Carth (I heart Carth. What can I say, I find him hot). You know, the one where they are standing 10 feet from each other and he tells her he loves her. It is way lame, after all that flirting. I don't think a little making out would have been too much to ask, even for Star Wars. This mod is an attempt to fix the scene. Problem is, if I go Dark Side on top of the temple with Bastila, I'll have to kill a bunch of my party members who try to stop me. And that just doesn't make for a romantic mood. So basically my choice is: stay on the good course and get to see how the Carth mod works, OR fall to the dark side and kill a lot of people, just for fun.
Luckily, there is a third option: Save two games right before the Unknown Planet and try out both!
No comments:
Post a Comment