Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Joy! A Box of Facial Products & More Forsytes!

The mail has produced all sorts of lovely things this week. Like The Forsyte Saga parts 5&6 from Netflix, this book, and a box of SkinCeuticals and MD Formulations stuff from my mom. The battle to wrest control of my skin back from the slimy New Orleans summer begins tonight. I look forward to my clarifying clay masque. I finished watching the Forsytes, which wraps up the first series. I am debating whether to throw the second series onto the queue, but I suspect Mike thinks I waste too many of his Netflix on British soap operas... Whatever. I like things with costumes. I think I would watch anything if it A) was based on a Victorian novel, and B) had costumes.

Mike cleaned my closet last night. Well, sort of. He started the closet for me, which means my clothes are now strewn around the office in huge heaps. I think it's interesting what brings out anal retentive tendencies in different people. Mike can't look at my mess because it stresses him out, yet I could leave heaps of clothes sitting around for months before it began to annoy me... and it wouldn't annoy me because the heaps disrupted my inner feng shui-- it would annoy me because I like clothes, and I buy a lot of them, and I wouldn't be able to find them when I wanted to wear them. Then I'd roll my eyes and clean. So the heaps of junk themselves? They do not bother me in the slightest.

On the other hand, my blog is listed over on Authors' Blogs, and has been for quite some time. Yet I cannot bring myself to link to them. Why, you ask? Because there is a grammatical error in their widget-y button-y whatever you call it. I just can't put it on my site, even though their site is quite cute and I have found, upon occasional scrollings through their list, some interesting blogs by like-minded people.

I can walk around a three-foot-tall heap of junk repeatedly, yet a tiny misplaced apostrophe disrupts my inner peace. Yeah.

No comments: