What, Doesn't Everyone Stalk Their Neighbors??
So on August 1st a moving truck showed up next door. New neighbors? It appears to be! My reasoning is that if it was the same loud undergrads who used to live there, they would have just come back whenever. The fact that the moving-in coincided with the first of the month suggests a new lease has been signed. Also, college students do not tend to move in large U-Hauls with teams of hired Hispanic men and all their belongings taped neatly into a uniform collection of brown boxes.
I'm sort of shameless. I freely admit to spying on the people next door. I wonder who they are. I wonder if they are maybe (there is not a high probability of this, but this moment, these few days, analyzing the neighbors' belongings without actually seeing the neighbors in the flesh-- this is the time for dreaming) a couple our age, who will have barbecues and hang out and let us use their pool. OK, you got me, what I'm really after is the pool.
Here's what we have so far. They have patio furniture. It arrived in a box a couple of days ago, and it has now been put together beside the pool and is quite nice. They also have a small forest of potted plants and flowers. They have rather nice furniture, judging from the stuff that spent a day on the porch. And! New development last night! They have dogs! I was sitting at my desk last night, and I heard dogs and voices from nearby, and I peeked out the window to see a guy swimming in the pool and two small dogs on the patio! (Jolee was alarmed by the dogs.)
But then I felt sketchy because they could see my head in the backlit window, so I ducked back into the office. I am kicking myself today for missing out on this chance at getting a glimpse of the mystery neighbors, because what I really should have done was close the blinds and then peer through them. I feel like such an amateur.
No comments:
Post a Comment