Thirteen Theories About Harry Potter

***!!! Spoilers for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince... and I suppose all the other Harry Potter books, if you're one of the three people who hasn't read them yet.
1. I don't believe Harry Potter is going to be killed off.
2. Ron might not be safe, however. The funny red-haired sidekick is always the one to go. (See Firefly & Serenity.)
3. R.A.B. has got to be Regulus Black, Sirius' little brother who was a Death Eater. He's the only R.A.B. we know of, he's been previously mentioned, and it fits the plot. Alternatively, he's a red herring, but since he's hardly gotten a paragraph so far, he's not a very good red herring, is he? Seems more like a casual hint to me.
4. Plus, there's a locket found at Grimmauld Place in a throwaway moment in Book 5 when they're cleaning out the house.
5. And! In another throwaway subplot, Mundungus Fletcher is caught selling off stuff from Grimmauld Place. I remember thinking that subplot seemed sort of random on the first read-through. Anyone want to bet he's accidentally sold the Horcrux and part of Book 7 is Harry tracking it down?
6. I think Snape is still good. My whole basis for this is a conversation overheard in Book 6 where he's arguing with Dumbledore about how he "doesn't want to do it anymore," and Dumbledore says, "well, you promised," or something to that effect. This leads me to believe the "thing" Snape promised to do was kill him if it came to that, though the reason remains unknown.
7. Ginny's not going to let Harry dump her. We haven't seen the last of them.
8. I get the feeling Dumbledore's pet phoenix is important.
9. Ron and Hermione will end up together (if he doesn't die).
10. Draco will either be redeemed, because he can't bring himself to be a true Death Eater and follow in his father's footsteps, or be revealed as the wimp that he is underneath his bravado. We were heading in this direction in the end of Book 6. What we don't know yet is whether he is actually good, or just doesn't have the balls for a life of evil.
11. I also think it goes well with the theme we've had so far: isn't it something Sirius says, about how the world isn't divided up into good people and Death Eaters, because it doesn't work that way? Like how Snape hates Harry's father but protects Harry, even though he hates him by association. Draco and Harry will never like each other, but they might end up on the same side. Just feels like a theme.
12. There has to be a reason Dumbledore trusted Snape. His trust seems so lame and undeserved in the end of Book 6, but there may be something he's not saying. He was a smarter wizard than that.
13. The book better be out next summer! OK, this isn't a theory, but we usually get them every other summer, and the last one was 2005. Plus I will spontaneously combust if it doesn't come out.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
13 comments:
You aren't the only one waiting for the next book. Good ideas!
i'm wondering if harry isn't the last horcrux. The prophecy tied them together. I really hope she doesn't kill Harry off, but who knows. Or Ron. That would be awful! I also think Harry is a descendent of Gryfendor. And I'm still not convinced that Dumbledore is gone for good.
Cool theories. :) As to Carmen's post before mine, we've had the same theory too, that Harry might be the last horcrux. That's still possible. :)
Reading your post made me excited to get the last book out. Haha.
Happy TT! :)
I love that you did Harry Potter this week! I have been re-reading the last 2 books this week and wondering how I can wait another year to find out what happens!
I have absolutely no idea about any of this, as I haven't read the books (or seen the movies).
My feline brother, Brach, is a huge fan, though!
Seems like you have thought this through! Maybe I should pick up the first book and see what this is all about...
I LOVED Firefly and Serenity!
Great theories for HP!
FANTASTIC list! I agree with all of your theories as any real Potter fan would ;).
Love, Love, Love Firefly & Serenity too!
My TT is up as well.
http://www.debbysramblings.blogspot.com
Awesome list! I'm anxiously waiting for the next book too.
My TT is about pets.
Great theories & insight. I think # 6 is about Snape protecting Draco and the unbreakable promise he made to his mom...guess we'll find out in the next book! Happy Thursday!!
I think these are some interesting theories. I think perhaps you should continue with this idea, and as we find out more about the story, post about it! You could always say how you said it first!
I love the Harry Potter series myself, but I am always so disappointed in the movies. I just want them to include everything, but they never do!
Happy Thursday!
Love this!
I heard JK Rowling say in an interview that Dumbledore is definitely dead, and that Harry is not a horcrux. I totally agree with the RAB stuff.
KEP (above) is right. Come on now, haven't you been keeping up on your Mugglenet.com? She did apologize to the authors of www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com. Although JK Rowling has a way of wording things extremely carefully, and this is where I think Fawkes might tie in. Dead implies no Gandalf impression, but leaves room for an Obiwan Kenobi-ism. I can't help thinking this is shaping up to be slightly Matrix-esque with the whole two parts of an equation thing and the equation has to balance itself out so no one part can live while the other dies. But (thankfully) the prophecy proves this wrong. (I hope...again, worded very carefully.) Anyways, always fun to ponder.
I think Dumbledore really is dead, but there is something behind it we don't know about.
Post a Comment