Monday, June 19, 2006

All Right, Spammer

This purported "Peter" who has sent me two e-mails in the past hour claiming to have "pills to cure all your deseases" needs to take a major chill pill. First of all, I have a dad named Peter. I also have an ex named Peter. Neither of them, however, are you. Second of all, I do not have any "deseases" except scoliosis, which cannot be cured by your pills but was taken care of ten years ago by a rather painful surgery in which metal rods were inserted in my back. Thanks for the reminder. Third, I am pretty sure if I was to have any "deseases," they would be "DIS-EASES." Because those are the kind that English majors get.

Thanks. Bye.

5 comments:

Robin said...

You'd think the least they could do was spell it right.

Sarah said...

The best are the ones pretending to be from real companies... "We need your acount;information, urgent"

Yeah, I'd believe something that looks like THAT is from my bank.

freethoughtguy said...

Just don't reply to this spammer (that will validate your email address!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah...from your not as well-read and not nearly as clever Aunt-
as far as the spammers, I guess they are to bloggers as the paparazzi are to the famous-

wanted to know what you thought about the Stanley Cup being in my town and in the SOUTH? I have a feeling you are offended by it- I am not caught up in the hoopla but have many friends that have been die-hards, so I am happy for them.

Also wanted to let you know that if you want to have your rejection letters made into toilet paper, you can- isn't that a hoot? lulu.com/tp Ask Oprah.

Love ya kid- Aunt Kim (no blog here, only a website-(thediabetesbus.org)

Sarah said...

Hi!

Well, we cheered for the Sabres. Then we cheered for Edmonton, because the Canadians seem to be having bad luck with that Cup. But... Carolina seemed pretty unstoppable! Piece of trivia: Erik Cole, the guy who broke his neck earlier in the season and came back for the last 2 games of the finals, played at Clarkson while I was at St. Lawrence, and was very good and much hated!

They were all good games, though, so you can be happy about that whoever you cheered for. Enjoy the Cup up there! (ew, I am further south now... weird)

- Sarah