Saturday, May 20, 2006

New Orleans Mayoral Election Redux

This afternoon we will trek to vote for the second time, each to our own place of polling. (Mine is four blocks one way, and Mike's is four blocks the other way. Go figure.) I think we're both voting for Landrieu. Though we are both tempted to vote for whoever sent us less annoying junk mail. Seriously, yesterday we got about 30 pieces of political mail. It just cascaded through the mail slot, and then when we went to get groceries, we discovered that the Republicans had left fliers on my car. Oy. I do not think Nagin has necessarily done a bad job, but I do think some fresh blood-- with political connections-- can hopefully jump start the process here.

New York Times and Times Picayune with coverage.

And now I must go, because, unbelievably enough, we have Sabres vs. Hurricanes in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals appearing on our very own TV in our very own apartment in Louisiana. And when the cable gods and the hockey gods align, it is not to be questioned.

No comments: