Randomness About Me!
Well, since a lot of the blogs I read do this on a weekly basis, I thought I'd give it a whirl! So here are 13 random facts about me. 1. I have metal rods in my back. This is due to surgery I had for scoliosis in 1996, where they fused seven vertabrae. 2. I can't parallel park. I grew up in a rural area, shopped in suburbia with huge parking lots, and didn't have a car in college, so I forgot how. My boyfriend doesn't believe I've managed to live in a major city for two years without parallel parking. I just drive around the block five times till I find a spot I can just pull into. 3. I have two tattoos. One is a turquoise hibiscus flower on the back of my right shoulder. The other is the St. Lawrence logo (which looks like the St. Louis Cardinals' logo) on my upper left thigh in red. They are both small. 4. I am an NRA sharpshooter with the .22 rifle. 5. I take my coffee black. 6. The weirdest thing that was looted from my house during Katrina was... all our porn. I lived in a house of 4 girls, and we used to do Pizza and Porn parties (to laugh at how tacky and low-budget they are) on Thursdays occasionally. The looters left all our other DVDs but took the porn! 7. The coolest place I've visited is Alaska. I did some hiking & sea kayaking around Anchorage and would love to go back someday. 8. I read the most recent Harry Potter book in a six-hour marathon. 9. I think I've taken every grad school test except the MCAT. This is due to Gemini indecision about what I actually wanted to go to grad school for. 10. I've got a weird allergy to red wine. Not an allergy per se, but I can't drink it because I get a horrible sharp headache before I've even finished a glass. 11. I have one brother, a year younger than me. He lives in St. Paul, MN at the moment. 12. The best four years of my life were at St. Lawrence University. I still miss it, even though it's been three years now. So pardon me if I obsess. 13. I met my boyfriend Mike in a pool last summer. We now live together. Go figure. Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. Robin 2. Mar 3. Nancy 4. Denise 5. TLC 6. May-B 7. "Lifecruiser 8. Mama Kelly 9. Ardice 10.Chana 11. Lisa 12. Carmen |
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
11 comments:
We used to do pizza and porn nights in our dorm in college. That was until we rented a really nasty porn and it kind of ruined the pizza.
Glad to see you joined TT!
Welcome to TT. I can't parallel park and I have been a city girl all my life...I have heard of people reading HP books really fast but 6 hours! wow! My TT is up :) Happy Thursday!
I never parallel park!
Many Many moons ago I had a boyfriend named Michael.
Welcome to Thursday 13!
Welcome to Thursday 13!
They only took the porn? Weirdos!
Mine are up.
Hey, good intro to T13!
Mine is up,too.
That was a great first 13. And I love the picture of Jayne on your sidebar. So few people know about Firefly!!
Welcome to the TT :-) Well done. There were a lot of very different things in your list.
And a sharpshooter, my, my. Impressed.
read the Harry potter latest in a marathon myself
cant wait til book 7
I live in a city where parallel parking is a must have skill...still don't have it! Eh, I'll just go to the parking garage. My TT is up!
I once met a guy I thought I was going to marry one day in a pool. But I woke up in the morning and he was gone.
Not like that, we were 15, his family had left. Get your mind outta the gutter. ;)
sorry I'm a day late. :( Welcome to the 13. Have you visited the Hub? Thursdaythirteen.com
I read the newest harry potter book in a marathon also.
Good luck on getting your manuscript published. It's hard! Whew! :)
Post a Comment