Anywhere But the Office
I called ______ ____, PLC yesterday to get them to resend my W2. Sort of wanted to get transferred directly to accounting so I wouldn't have to talk to the office manager. I did kind of skip out after the hurricane, ie: I called several times but never actually spoke to someone in charge. Of course the windows blew out of the building and the CBD was a mess, so even if I'd been allowed here I couldn't have gone to work. Anyway, she gets on the line and says, "Oh, do you want to come back? Need a job?" And I was like, "Uhh... how do I tell them I equal what I made there full-time (after taxes, health insurance, parking, etc.) in 3 nights waiting tables?" I think I am just not cut out for the cubicle life.
Rejections this week from Asimov's and Pedestal Magazine. Nothing like rejections to make you feel like you have no talent!
Last night a table tipped me $72. That was cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment