Thursday, March 2, 2006

Who's Out There?

My hit counter tells me I get around 15-20 unique visitors here per day. I know most of you are my relatives, maybe some friends, maybe people from SF and writerly sites that I frequent. Who are you? Leave a comment and let me know! You may also tell my cat he is pretty. He isn't opposed to that.

I went over to Latter Library this afternoon to return the first two Harry Potters, which I've had out since last July. They survived TWO collapses of the roof, and somehow managed to stay dry. It sort of felt like my good deed for the day, to bring those back. In fact, you should go to the New Orleans Public Library's site and see just how much they've been through. And if you're one of my bookish friends looking for a great place to make a donation, please consider it. But I don't have any money, so I returned my Harry Potters. It was the least I could do.

In other news, Mike and I are watching The X-Files Season 2 on DVD. This was the season I started watching, when I was in high school, and I am remembering how much I loved the noir feel of that show. I also crack up whenever I see a pile of sunflower seed shells on Mulder's desk, because I happen to have the same fixation. I used to have the poster Mulder has on his wall, the I WANT TO BELIEVE poster with the picture of the UFO... but it got wet in Katrina. I suspect some secretly geeky part of me would find it super cool to hang out in the basement and be a Lone Gunman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've kept a great attitude through the Katrina stuff...I can't imagine piecing my life back together as you folks have to. Glad Mardi Gras was fun...

Mindy Tarquini said...

Hello. I wandered in from Miss Snark. Being chronologically finished is a big deal, so I came over to give you a high five and a rah-rah. But, you're correct, rewriting the thing so it's logically finished is even better. Keep going.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope to add 20K words to the beginning/middle.

Patrick said...

Hi there!

Patrick here, from the hotlist! I have admit that I started coming here more often in the wake of the Katrina events.

And now I'm interested in that manuscript you are working on!;-)

And yeah, the cat is nice!

Congrats for your 100th post!:-)