Monday, March 20, 2006

Honkings & Other Stories

Just now on Prytania Street a man driving a truck full of Port-A-Potties honked at me. My only question is, I wonder how much play you think you're going to get with a truck full of Port-A-Potties.

Yeah.

I'd like to give props to the St. Lawrence Women's Hockey Team. The Saints are 31-4-2 and will be playing in the NCAA Division I Frozen Four this Friday. The #3 Saints (who I personally believe ought to have been #2 but were the victims of a crappy bit of bracketology which is a moot point now) face #2 Wisconsin in the semifinal. Two of the Saint captains were freshman residents on my floor when I was a CA my senior year... Go girls!

So a really big issue in New Orleans is the upcoming mayoral election. There are a ton of people running, from politial heavyweights to Joe No Teeth From Da Hood. Mike and I saw on TV that a 24-year-old grad student was running and said, "Awesome! We're voting for him!" On examination of his site, however, I have decided that he is a tool. I admit this isn't a highly researched political opinion... but I know some of the people on his site that he's friends with, and they are tools. So he's a tool by association. I don't know who I will actually vote for yet.









Gratuitous Jolee Photo of the Day






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture! And I have to say, your story about they guy driving the truck of port-a-potties cracked me up. So true; did he really think flirting would work?