Did I Say No More Cat Pictures?
This is Jolee employing what Mike calls "the Pimp Hand." It's one of his favorite poses when he lurks in wait for us outside the bathroom, we suspect to lay the smack down or something else equally shady. It also shows his mutantly impressive number of toes. See how he has thumb toes! So cute. (The other foot is like that too.) Cats are supposed to have five toes on the front feet, and four on the back, for a grand total of eighteen toes. Jolee is a polydactyl cat. He has seven toes on his front feet. Four are his fingers, and three are his thumbs. He kind of uses the thumbs to sit up on tiptoe, which I haven't managed to get a good shot of. One of these days I'm going to train him to pick stuff up...
See the Jolee album here...
2 comments:
My polydactyl cat, Tondeleia, does pick up things. She has posable thumbs. Man oh man, evolving before my eyes!
It is pretty neat though - they do seem to learn that "Hey! This thing near my claws makes it easier for me to get that thing I want! I shall use it all the time!"
He picks up his mouse, sort of scoops it up with his thumbs. Then he is surprised when it gets stuck there and he can't drop it. Haha.
Post a Comment