Wednesday, December 28, 2005

That "Other" Author Starting With T-O-L

So I sent out a short story to a science fiction mag, and I'm in the middle of preparing another, and I just had an absurdly premature brainwave that I needed to share (premature in that I have yet to sell a story). I was thinking about using another more pronounceable last name than mine, and another less generic first name than "Sarah," but in the end I couldn't be bothered to think up something, so I just stuck my actual name on the manuscripts. Then tonight I was like, "Aaahhh crap, I will be stuck on the bottom of the shelf if I have a book published and people will not want to bend down to check me out."

Then it hit me. AM I INSANE? I HAVE THE MOST PERFECT NAME EVER! I WILL BE RIGHT NEXT TO TOLKIEN! Like, right there.

Um, and then it hit me that I should be spending more time editing this and packing the car to drive to New Orleans tomorrow morning, instead of drooling over my future hypothetical shelf space, so bye.

No comments: