In Which Sarah Writes a Novel and Buys Shoes
That is exactly what I plan to do today. Write a novel (not the whole thing, perhaps a good 2,000 words of it) and buy shoes. Shoes are becoming a problem. I have 3 pairs of donated sneakers, several pairs of my own heels that I brought from New Orleans (the lack of coverage on which makes my feet a bit chilly now that it is 45 degrees), and a pair of clunky high-heeled loafers I bought in 1999. What I really need is a nice slick pair of boots. With heels. Similar to the two pairs that met their unfortunate death by mold in September... only nicer. With this goal in mind, I am taking my $100 Lord and Taylor gift certificate downtown on the T and searching for boots. Hopefully this afternoon. But I may get distracted.
Writing is going well. I'm on pace. Some days I get behind, but I've been good about forcing myself to catch up. Yesterday I wrote in Starbucks for three hours. My word processor tells me I am 31% done. And neither my villain nor my spaceport have names. (I keep putting a _____ in until I can think of something good. Keep being bothered by the fact that I think I have this written down in a sheaf of papers from high school under the bed at home. What if I make up a new name and the one from high school is better? I couldn't do that!)
I had a minor monetary freakout last night at 1 AM, but I'm over it. Tuition + lack of car = $0 for Sarah. But I'm sure it will all work out.
And my copy of A Feast For Crows has shipped! According to USPS tracking, the Feast was in Springfield, MA yesterday... will it be here today? I wonder...
No comments:
Post a Comment