Saturday, October 8, 2005

The Coming of the Feast

Officially one month until the long-awaited Coming of The Feast. Oh, but don't buy it for me as a present: my copy is already on pre-order. Seriously, though, George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, of which A Feast For Crows is the fourth book, is pretty damn good. You've got to admire a guy who's bold enough to kill off main characters. What I get from these books, which I don't get from most other fantasy, is the feeling that no one is safe. While sometimes it's a bit depressing, the writing is good and you get sucked in. People aren't sure if Feast will live up to expectations, because it took him 5 years to write and then he ended up having to split the book in two because of the length. So we're only getting half a story. What does Sarah say? Sarah says, Who cares? I WANT MY FEAST!

I read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in six hours. Currently taking bets on how long it will take me to bang through The Feast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
This is Kendall from Chi Omega at SLU. We have put together a big care package for you, including clothes, a jacket, Chi O memorobilia, and other things we thought you might have lost. I'll be sending it out in the next few days to the Commonwealth address. Just a little reminder that Chi O love also survives hurricanes. Let me know if there are any specific things you need before tuesday, and I can work on getting them in the box. (haha, BOX) You can reach me at kmland02@stlawu.edu
LICO always,
Kendall