Friday, August 26, 2005

"I just got this bucket of bolts back together!"

"... I'm not going to let something tear it apart!"
- Han Solo

Which means, loosely translated into context, that my roof is back on, my room is gorgeously redone, and if Hurricane Katrina hits on Monday (doubtful, but true to character people are freaking out already) I ain't moving from New Orleans. Nope. Here I stay.

First week of dual work/grad school... it seemed like the longest week of my life. Hopefully this will get better once I get used to the schedule. I am mostly moved into my new and improved (with beautiful hardwood floors! no more nasty rug!) room. I changed around the furniture and it seems like I have twice the space.

Part of the reason I haven't posted in so long is I didn't like the idea of putting another post on top of Jane. Poor Janie. I have to admit to crying twice on the plane to Albany. I put a flower on her grave, but she wasn't there to pet. Just rocks. I didn't really know what to say... so I just said, "I'm sorry, Janie. I was coming home. I would have come home."

Re-reading:
Robin Hobb, Ship of Magic. First book in the Liveship Trilogy. I cannot stress enough the excellence of this series. (Gee, nautical fantasy. I wonder why that would appeal to Sarah... HA! It ought to be its own genre!)

No comments: