- I had sort of a bad end to my week, so I am in FULL RELAXATION MODE right now, determined not to think about it.
- Yesterday I was about to finally finish Oblivion, as in I was in the huge battle fighting a million high-level daedric creatures and the Great Gate outside Bruma had just opened and I was about to go inside it and save the world... and the power went out! No lie. And don't ask me if I had saved, because I think you can guess. What a life.
- Cats are pissed at me. The cat food in their dish is the WRONG BRAND. Jolee especially is being a prima donna about it. How do I tell them we have to use it up, because Sarah paid for it? Suck it up, spoiled cats.
- Weather is nice here. The heat is finally starting to be bearable. And it is, what, almost October?
- I just paid off the last of the Ridiculous $1400 Touro Bill today via check. Finally.
- I would love to do National Novel Writing Month this year, but I think there's no way I can.
- Thanksgiving dinner is officially at my house again this year! Brother and parents have purchased their plane tickets. Hopefully I can do a better cooking job than last year. Not that it was terrible, but my cooking skills have nowhere to go but up.
- Re-watching Battlestar Galactica. We did Season One and half of Season 2 so far. Yes, I torrented it. Gasp. Not because I don't respect the show and don't fully plan to buy the DVD sets when I have fewer bills to pay... I promise I will buy it eventually... but, well, I guess I'm just a pirate.
- I got a spam e-mail from someone allegedly named "Constructive D. Wildebeests." And I can't bring myself to delete it, because. Well.
- I don't feel like I am very funny lately. And that makes me sad.
4 comments:
Isn't it sad that it's ONLY in the 80s and we consider that "nice" weather??
Hope next week is better for you, I'm going to try to start Literature Circles... I need major gris gris!
Bit Torrents, you naughty girl. If it makes you feel better, I've done the same thing. It's not wrong if everyone else does it, too, right? :)
Even your bulleted lists are funny. Cheer up. :)
I almost thought about NaNoWriMo this year....I think it would be good for both of us. We both seem to be procrastinating on the whole writing thing. I personally need a kick in the ass for motivation. Don't make the decision not to do it just yet...you might find a way to fit it in.
^^noladown, what's Literature Circles? Oh, and BTW, ONLY in the 80's! ACK! There's frost coming up here soon. :/
Hope you have a better week next week, Sarah.
--Melissa
Melissa~
Lit Circles are where the students actually lead the discussions of the books. It's awesome... when it works. It will be the first time I'm trying it with my 4th graders, so I need lots of luck!
And, Sarah, I still think you're funny- even when you think you're not!
My counterpart in the 8th grade is trying literature circles with mixed results. I am sort of seeing how it works for her before I try it.
Post a Comment