Running With It
I'm supposed to be finishing my novel. I know this. Everyone I know knows this. I don't think it's that bad a book, for a first attempt. I'm not sick of the characters or the story, necessarily...
But.
Today this character just popped herself into my head, and I'm going to run with the idea and see if puts itself together into a somewhat reputable short story. It just feels so refreshing to be excited about something new.
In other news, I just reopened the cut on my right thumb again, and I'm so annoyed. I cut it at work yesterday afternoon, slammed my hand right down on the blade of the lemon slicer. I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON THAT THING TERRIFIES ME AND I CUT MY LEMONS BY HAND. I hit my thumb on it pretty hard, so the problem is the cut is quite deep, though thin enough that it closed right up... only to reopen twice in the intervening 24 hours because I need my thumb to do things like open the blinds and do the dishes.
So yeah. Stupid lemon spider.


2 comments:
glue it shut with superglue. works very well on finger cuts.
Seriously?? Well, it's shut now, but it was really annoying.
Post a Comment